- To enter, leave a comment on this post. In your comment YOU MUST, state your first name & last initial, PLUS the city & state where you reside.
- Only comment once.
- Open to USA & Canada residents only.
- To earn an extra entry, join the IndianTies forum and introduce yourself on the “Welcome” page.
- If you are already a forum member, you will get one automatic entry – but I encourage you to comment below for a second chance to win!
- Winners will be chosen randomly.
- Contest will be open until Friday, November 7th at 11:45 pm Pacific Time.
- Winners names will be posted here, on the IndianTies blog on Monday, November 10th.
- You must contact me by email if your name is posted in order to receive your prize!
Everywhere I turn these days, I see India’s influence on the West. Indian restaurants are becoming more mainstream, yoga is “cool”, and now Disney goes Bollywood!
In August, a classic Disney made-for-TV movie debuted with an Indian twist. In the Cheetah Girls: One World, the wanna-be pop star trio are offered parts in a Indian movie, so they jet off to India – only to discover there is only one role. The rest of the movie is about their friendship being put to the test and how they decide their friendship is more important than fame.
Even though I knew the target audience for this movie was pre-teen and teen girls, I decided to tune in to the movie the night it came out – mainly because I was curious to see how true to life it would be. Overall I’d say it was well-done. I enjoyed, the Indian setting, and the costumes and some of the song and dance numbers as well. The plot was a typical for a teen movie. However, it is amazing that even on the Disney channel, you find American girls falling for Indian boys!
If you saw the movie, let me know what you thought. If you missed the movie, I’m sure that Disney will replay it. Or for a quick peek at one of the most elaborate songs in the movie, click here. I also enjoyed exploring the official One World website – click here to check it out.
Everyone loves a good Bollywood movie, right? Is it the romance, the plot… or the song & dance routines? If you ask me – it has to be the dancing! What would Bollywood be without it? If you’ve ever secretly danced along to one of Shah Rukh Khan’s numbers in your living room, you just might be ready to take the next step: Bollywood dance workouts! Personally I’m not much of a dancer – but even I find this new workout series intriguing!
So if you think you can keep up – check out Bollywood Burn:
Bollywood Burn with Hemalayaa
Spice up your workout and boogie to the bhangra beat. Fitness star and yogini Hemalayaa leads you through three 15-minute programs inspired by the sassy, sexy moves seen in hit Indian films. The first gets you in the groove, the second ups the cardio, and the third has you shimmying like a Bollywood film beauty. Tone your core, hips, and thighs, lose weight, dance away stress, and have fun. For all fitness and experience levels.