Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Join the community at IndianTies forums! Visit the IndianTies Shop! All you wanted to know about yours truly... Who doesn't like free stuff? Some useful links and fun blogs! How to get in touch with me! Add IndianTies to your RSS reader!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: mixed babies!  (Read 14889 times)
mpathak

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

ok, so my husband and i aren't planning to have kids for a couple more years...
but we are curious what they might come out looking like with the mix of genes they're getting!
i suspect they'll come out looking much more like him than me! hehe.
my husband wants to have a daughter with blonde hair that looks like me, but i don't really think it's very likely to happen that way!  Wink
do any of you have kids yet? i understand if you're not comfortable sharing pics or anything, but which of you do your kids favor the most?
Djvjain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »

Hee hee, I like to imagine what our kids will look like too.  I am very fair but with dark hair and grey eyes.  My husband is sort of medium brown (think a little darker than "wheatish").  I like to see other mixed babies and imagine how ours would look.  My in-laws are already getting excited about how fair our kids will be.  We'll see...

There is a blogger, Cagey, who has a blog called Rancid Raves.  She is married to an Indian man, and has two kids.  One looks kind of desi, but the other looks pretty white (both really cute!).  There are also several famous Indian/white mixed people: the children of Shashi Kapoor, the actor Ben Kingsley, etc.
Djvjain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »

I just found this webpage that has a lot of Eurasian mixed people listed...

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126001
mpathak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »

wow thanks! Smiley
yeah i think mixed babies are so cute...and mixed people are so beautiful! it's like they get the best of both gene pools.  Smiley
i met this guy one time whose mother was irish and father was pakistani. he looked italian. he told me you can calculate what a mixed kid will look like by finding a country in the middle of where the two parent countries are on the map. hehe.
not exactly scientific...but probably often true!  Smiley
IndianTies
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »

Rancid Raves seems to be a cool blog.  Her kids are adorable!  The boy reminds me of my husband's baby pictures.  Is Cagey on this forum? 

I'll tell my husband that there is hope that our kids will inherit my blue eyes.  I always told him it was next to impossible!  Grin
Djvjain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 06:26:03 AM »

No, I don't think she's on this forum.  She said once that she doesn't talk about her marriage/husband on her blog because of her husband's wishes for privacy.  So I'm not sure if she'd come to a forum either.  She's really funny and I enjoy reading her blog though!

Another mixed kid I thought of: Katrina Kaif, mixed Indian and British.  She's very beautiful.
colleenkumar

Hello Everyone!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »

My husband and I have a 16 month old baby boy. We wondered alot when I was pregnant as to what we would look like. To our surprise..he was really light skinned like me, but has his daddy's features. He is totally not what we had imagined he would look like,, (I thought he would look more indian/ethnic), People tend to say that he looks asian,..but they cant pinpoint from what part of asia.  You can see for yourself..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31080473@N03/2933936926/

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:01:19 AM by colleenkumar » Logged

Smiley
Djvjain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »

Colleen, your baby is so cute!!!  He really does have your husband's features.  Thanks for sharing!
colleenkumar

Hello Everyone!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »

thanks...he is a blessing to us!

Smiley
IndianTies
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »

Hey Colleen - I wanted to agree with djvjain - your little boy is adorable!  Is your son learning any Indian languages?
colleenkumar

Hello Everyone!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »

thanks Heather....I tell my husband to speak to him more in Telugu but since we both communicate in english in the house my son doesnt hear it alot . I am hoping he will learn it though esp since my MIL doesnt speak English.

Smiley
IndianTies
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

Ya I think it must be hard to remember to speak to the kids in a certain language - especially when you guys speak English to each other.  It would be so great for him to learn Telugu while he's little!  My husband grew up in Andhra Pradesh - but his family isn't from there originally.  He had to learn Telugu in school, but he said it was horrible, because no one at home could help him!    The cool thing about Telugu is it's the same script as Kannada, so you can read in both languages (just might not understand!)
mpathak

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »

cute kid!! Smiley
yeah, that's part of the reason i'm trying to learn some hindi now so that our kids might learn it... we rarely remember to speak in hindi to eachother though!
IndianTies
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

I know  - I'm so jealous of how easy it is to pick up languages as a kid.  My nephews  (ages 2 & 4) live in India, their parents speak English at home, but they are also learning Hindi - because they live in the North, and their mother also speaks Malayalam, so they are learning that too!
KarenL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »

First, Colleen, you little boy is too cute! ;-)
I have to agree that mixed kids are stunning. My husband has one brother that is married to an American (red hair blue eyes) and they have 3 kids. It's interesting how genes can disperse themselves because 2 of the kids look very Indian and the oldest looks really American. The common thing though? They all have dark hair and brown eyes.
Mixed kids really do get the best of both worlds I think! It will be interesting to see what mine look like when we decide to have a family! *grins*
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: