Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Join the community at IndianTies forums! Visit the IndianTies Shop! All you wanted to know about yours truly... Who doesn't like free stuff? Some useful links and fun blogs! How to get in touch with me! Add IndianTies to your RSS reader!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you had any humorous miss-communications with your spouse?  (Read 18342 times)
KarenL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »

ausree, how are things going for you guys? I thought of you the other day because I was getting ready for work and my husband laid on the "saloon" term and at first I was confused but then started laughing when I found out that he meant the barber shop or salon! LOL
ausree

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

Hey Karen,

Thanks for asking.... actually things are going pretty well Smiley
SN & I have done a mountain of talking & he has managed to express to his parents that he does not wish to go ahead with the arranged marriage...not that he's told them "why" yet...
Our biggest complaint at the moment is distance, as he's living in Botswana & I'm in SA...a good 5 hour drive apart.
Well, I guess once his parents are in the picture, we can start to make plans to be together....

auree stop spamming!
KarenL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

I'm happy to hear that ausree! I'm glad he's told his family he doesn't want to move forward on the arranged marriage. That way the girl can look elsewhere! *snicker*

Distance is always a challenge, but I do think it's positive that he's put a halt to the arranged marriage. Keep up the communication with him and I'm sure things will go the way you want them too.

Happy New Year!
IndianTies
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »

Ausree - Great news... glad that things are falling nto place for you!  Keep us updated!
pale_desi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »

Haha while spending the holidays with my boyfriend and his family I noticed something but I didn't actually bring it up to him... now I will after seeing this post on "Stuff Desis Like"

http://stuffdesislike.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/35-successive-use-of-a-word/

I was so confused when he said things like yeah I asked for one, one of this or that.  Or he gave me two, two...  I was like what is that 4?  Or two for me and two for you? haha

I can totally handle the good, good, etc...  I say that myself now...  Grin
Djvjain

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »

Haha, yeah...I think the repeating a word thing comes from Hindi, where repeating a word just stresses the word.  That's a funny blog!
Gori Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »

Aditya has no accent at all, except for a few words like lieutenant, which he pronounces like the British do.... Unless  he's around other South Asians with strong accents - then he picks it back up a bit.

He does still talk with a bit of Indian phrasing, though. Whenever our dogs do something bad, like get their noses a bit too close to food on our coffee table, he corrects them - and then proceeds to scold them by telling them "absolutely not" several times. They, of course, get the tone just fine, but it's partially mitigated by the fact that I'm laughing my head off - there's something about the tone and phrasing that just sounds very off to my ear.

"Although, if I may, let me take off my assistant's skirt and put on my Barbara Streisand in the Prince Of Tides ass-masking therapist pantsuit." - Tobias from Arrested Development
jenydp84

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 04:02:23 AM »

I think your blog need a new wordpress template. , The site has nice and unique wordpress templates.
Hello Guru Christian Louboutin Slingback Free Shipping, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.
Hi there 12, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.
Nice post! GA is also my biggest earning. However 17, it抯 not a much.
To start earning money with your blog Herve Leger Bandage Dress y, initially use Google Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases Christian Louboutin Flats, keep adding more and more money making programs to your site.
thanks  Christian Louboutin Boots Free Shipping!!  very helpful post Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots Online Store!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: