If you follow our instagram and facebook accounts, last week you may have seen some mouthwatering pictures and an even more enticing reel highlighting an amazing authentic Indian dish, Hardboiled Egg Curry with Coconut Milk. If you don’t follow us - start now! Just follow these links: Facebook, Instagram.
Now that we’ve got the business taken care of, let’s get down to the food! Hungry already? Follow this recipe for a dish your family will love!
Indian Hard Boiled Egg Curry Recipe with Coconut Milk
- 12 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, & cut in half
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled & diced into 1/2” chunks
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp, ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 Tbsp Dried curry leaves (or fresh if you have on hand)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ground garam masala
- 3 cups of coconut milk (about 25 ounces)
- 1-2 cups of water (add to desired consistency)
Once you have your ingredients prepared, get ready to throw together a sure crowd pleaser by following these steps:
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, uncooked potatoes and salt. Sauté until unions are translucent.
- Add curry leaves, fennel seeds and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for just a few seconds.
- Add all of the spice powder, reduce heat to low.
- Add water and bring to a boil, until potatoes are cooked.
- Add coconut milk, but reduce heat, just to a simmer.
- Add in boiled eggs gently and stir once to coat with sauce. Remove from heat.
Serve with Indian bread of choice. Some good options are chapati (also called roti & phulka), puri, paratha, naan, kulcha, luchi, puran poli, and parotta, so you should have no trouble covering your carbs!
Enjoy! Better yet, let’s be even more authentic: In Hindi, our phrase would look like this: अपने भोजन का आनंद लिजिये See if you and your child(ren) can say “Apane bhojan ka aanand lijiye” to one another before you eat, which means “enjoy your meal”. Now you and your family get to expand your palates and your brains!